Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer

LAZY........Yeah Right! We've been busy busy busy on our summer days. The kids have been living outside and doing as much as we can outside. I set up the pool the other day for the kids and they played in the pool for about 5 1/2 hours. It was wonderful!!Weston even lasted about 2 hours in his little pool. He loved it!
He didn't quite understand the popsicle thing and that he needed to hold the stick and suck on the rest so he just grabbed the whole thing and played with it in the water. It is so fun watching him explore the world around him. He is getting close to crawling, but is still not quite there yet. He gets very frustrated and screams for him mama...and of course how can I resist him!
Gage and Macy have certainly become the best of friends and are having so much fun playing together. I got my old barbies (or Macy calls them Darbies) out today and the two of them played with them for like 3 hours. Don't worry I had 2 Ken dolls for Gage to play with! They love helping me outside in my garden, love riding their bikes, love the sprinkler, pool, neighbors, swings, sandbox, and more. We are having a great summer so far and are super excited to go to Washington to spend the 4th with the Witt Family! We can't wait!
Steve turned the big 33 on Thursday so we had a nice, brief party for him the few minutes we saw him after work. We made a cake that said We (heart) Dad, but the kids got a little carried away on the M and M's so I don't know if you can tell. He said he had a great day, but he has been working SUPER hard for us and we don't get to see him too often, but when we do we try to make it fun for him. We love him very much and appreciate all his hard work!
And here is my hobby....my beautiful roses are starting to bloom, but not all the pretty ones have yet so I'll take more pix then but here are a few!
And that's all....sorry this is such a long entry....that rarely happens!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I wanna come join in your summer fun! And, I want you to come make my roses look pretty, too. We're excited to see you all on the 4th, too.

Todd and Heather Moulton said...

Love the flowers - cant' wait to see you guys!

Becca said...

I love your roses. Sam bought me a rose bush for mothers day and I haven't planted it yet. I think it's dying. I might need your expert opinion on what to do. :)

KeNzIE said...

Looks like your summer is off to a good start! I'm glad all your plants stayed safe from all this crazy weather.

Kim and DeAnn said...

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL! LOVE THE PIX!

1. Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?
Do you fish in a stream, or lazily dream on the banks as the clouds go by?
Is that what you do? So do I!

2. Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?
Do you swim in a pool, to keep yourself cool, or swing in a tree up high?
Is that what you do? So do I!

3. Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?
Do you march in parades, or drink lemonades, or count all the stars in the sky?
Is that what you do? So do I!

Words and music: Dorothy S. Andersen, b. 1927
© 1964 by Dorothy S. Andersen. This song may be copied for incidental, noncommercial church or home use.