Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fires and Gardens


Look out...here come 2 little firemen!
Hanging out on top of the truck



o



We've been extremely busy playing outside and enjoying the nice days (when we have some and it's not raining!). I was able to take the kids to Cut Bank over Memorial Day weekend to see the fam and go to my cousin Nate's graduation in Conrad. It was actually a really good trip despite the snow and rain (yes, snow in May!) The kids got to go down to the fire hall and see the firetrucks and got to play on them, turn the lights on, and honk the horn. Macy didn't like the horn at all, and Gage made Macy test it out before he decided to try it. They had so much fun on the firetrucks and it brought back LOTS of memories for me when I was a little girl playing on the firetruck! It was crazy to see my little ones doing the same thing. We have also been busy planting a garden, planting flowers and nurturing them. Steve planted a whole bunch of tomatoes and peppers and low and behold 2 days later it froze and they all died!! However, the kids planted their own pumpkins and carrots and squash one night for family home evening. They are excited and love taking care of them and watering them. We have also planted peas, beans, carrots, lettuce, onions(of course these are for Steve), corn, pumpkins, zucchini, radishes, watermelon, raspberries, and I think that's all....but Steve has been determined to plant a garden this year so we'll see how it turns out. My roses are growing so big already and I'll put more pics in of the garden and flowers when they're blooming. We're having a great time outside and love summer. It's off to Utah this weekend for my cousin Nellie's wedding. YIKES!! 9 hours in the car should be interesting with the 3 kids. Thank goodness my mom is meeting me in bozeman to help with the drive! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Todd and Heather Moulton said...

How many times will I say how I'm surprised they keep growing bigger and bigger!?? I am relieved that now it'll only be a month til I see them and meet Weston! I am excited about your garden. With out 110+ degree weather, ours is starting to die. It did a good run though. I'll have to live through yours til it cools down here again!

KeNzIE said...

Have fun in Utah!!! Take pictues for me! I hope she found someone to do her hair. Your kids are so cute! Drive safe.

Kim and DeAnn said...

"Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?

Do you swim in a pool, to keep yourself cool, or swing in a tree up high?Is that what you do? So do I!"