Saturday, March 14, 2009

FUN in Arizona

The kids and I were fortunate enough to go to Arizona to visit my grandparents this last week and I'm so glad we went. First of all it was below zero in MT so we picked a great time to go and the weather in AZ was wondeful (mid to high 70's) We played outside most of the time and here is the short version of our trip.

Day #1
We got to AZ around noon and went back to the grandparents house and just vegged and layed outside. The kids had a great time playing in the water in the fountain in the backyard and even got to put their swimming suits on! We did however end up with oreo cookies in the fountain. WHOOOPS! Then later that night we went on a stroller ride and got to chase bunny rabbits and look at the ducks in the pond. THe kids had a great time and were tuckered out from the plane ride and went to bed early. The next day we were going to the zoo so we had to get lots of rest!




Day #2
The Phoenix Zoo was wonderful and the kids had so much fun! We got to see elephants, tigers, orangutangs, rhinos, mountain lions, stingrays, and so much more. Gage liked the elephant the best and I think Macy liked the monkeys. She loved to sit and watch them and kept sayin Monkey!! It was precious. The zoo had lots of little play areas for the kids to play in which was great since they didn't have to sit in the stroller all day. It was a big long day and the kids were definitely ready to go home and rest!







Day #3
Today we got to go swimming which I wasn't quite sure how the kids were going to do. Gage gets a little afraid of the water sometimes but he did great. Macy really hasn't ever gone swimming but you know little Macy, the fearless wonder. She got right in and had a great time. The pool had the little noodles to use which turned out to be lifesavers for me. They just held onto their little noodles and I pushed and pulled them all around the pool. Gage even got brave enough to do it without me holding on to him, which for Gage is a big accomplishment. He got a little too brave and went under one time which I thought for sure would be the end, but he came right back out. We spent about 1 1/2 hrs swimming and they were tuckered out. We took naps and then ate at the yummy Cheesecake Factory, (delicious) and went to a cute little store where the kids had great fun with the shopping carts. Gage said he wanted one for Christmas!

Day #4
Today was pretty much just a day to relax and enjoy the nice weather. The kids played outside in the yard and just had a fun time with their grandma an grandpa. That night we went and had a picnic and played on the little playground and went mini golfing. Gage had so much fun and actually didn't do too terrible. After each hole he would make up a score. The first few he would hit and hit and hit and hit and hit and when it got in the hole he'd say.... Mom I got a seven. He had so much fun and cried when it was time to be done. Little Macy just liked to watch and put her ball in the hole once in a while. It was entertaining and we had a great time.



The next day it was time to go home and our flight was at 6 a.m. YUCK! I made my flight by 4 minutes which was rather stressful, but I made it. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for such a wonderful time and for all the fun! We had great time and will hopefully get to come again soon. We love you so much!








5 comments:

Gage said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm jealous of the warm weather. We have a warm day every now and again and when we do we are outside ALL day long. I love it!

Valerie said...

oh how fun! And warm weather...
So Gage wants a shopping cart now? hahaha

Kimberly said...

We missed you! We are glad you had such a fun time--and glad that you are now back!
The last photo is my FAVORITE!
Your kids are lucky to have such sweet great-grandparents.

George and Julie said...

Now I know why Macey was calling everything "monkey" in nursery yesterday! She is such a cute little nugget. I just love nursery. Oh that warm weather looks wonderful - it will be here before we know it and we'll all be complaining about the heat! haha. Love the pics of Granpa and Gage and Granma and Macey - how precious. Glad you're home safe and sound. ~Julie

Kim and DeAnn said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL, fun fun fun. I am so glad you got to go, what wonderful weather, too!